Thursday, April 7, 2011

To live is Christ (Philippians 1:19-26)

Someone has said: "It is easy to die for Christ. It is hard to live for him. Dying takes only an hour or two, but to live for Christ means to die daily. Only during the few years of this life are we given the privilege of serving each other and Christ...we shall have Heaven forever, but only a short time for service here, therefore we must not waste the opportunity." How many of us waste our lives on things that don't matter? We say that we would die for Christ, but the truth of the matter is we don't even live for Him on a daily basis.

The apostle Paul's attitude was "to live is Christ". He made Jesus the preeminent focus of his life. Paul did this on a daily basis. Paul said: "I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20(ESV)

May we as Christians have the same attitude as Paul "But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course in the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God." Acts 20:24 (ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment