Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Prayer Walking

This morning we did a prayer walk around the neighborhood of the church. It was unlike anything I have ever done. This was my first prayer walk so I was pretty excited.

Pastor Freddy and Chris Mills put together a podcast that talked us through the walk. They gave us directions and then what we should look at and pray for, as well as a few songs throughout. This was a very helpful tool for all of us doing the prayer walk.

A big moment for me was when a song by Brandon Heath came on and then we were told to look into the eyes of the people walking by. The song talked about give me Your eyes so I can see, see people the way You see people. It hit me like a ton of bricks. Did I see people the way God does?

The reality was, I didn't. At that moment I started to see people in light of what Christ did on the cross. May we all see people in need of a Savior!

Continue to pray for us in NY as well as our families holding down the fort at home!



No comments:

Post a Comment