Monday, March 12, 2012

Thankful for this Ordination Service

Last night at my church, Trinity Baptist, we had the opportunity to ordain into the gospel ministry a young man by the name of Chad Rollins. Chad and I have had a great friendship that started 5 years ago when we joined Trinity. I was honored and had the privilege to sit on his ordination council. After hearing his testimony, call on his life, and answering some questions, we felt like we could give him the ordination.

To know Chad and his wonderful wife and see God working in their lives has been a wonderful thing. They both have a heart and and passion for the people of God and doing the work of God. I know that God is using their ministry and will continue to use them in whatever capacity He sees fit.

The part about this whole ordination that was exciting for me was how Chad ended up in ministry. He has served as Student/Family Pastor for a church in Lake Butler, FL for over a year. He was planning on going to seminary, but due to some unforeseen circumstances he was not able to follow through. His job then moved him to Lake City, and a friend told him that needed to attend his church. After going there, God worked on his heart for the students in that church. He started volunteering with students and building a relationship with them as well as the parents.

The church had been looking for some time and could not find the right man for their Student Ministry. So, people and parents in the church went to the pastor and asked if they ever considered Chad. After some time and prayer they in fact asked him to be their Student Minister. Hats off to that church and Pastor for hiring a guy based on his passion and spiritual maturity and for not disqualifying him based on what degree he has.

I know that the gifts and calling of God are irrevocable (Romans 11:29). So I know that God has not changed His calling on my life, but look forward to the day when I do return to Full Time Vocational ministry. Truly an Ordination Service that encouraged me.

 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I enjoyed reading it and I was reminded how involved the local church should be in the calling of a pastor.

    ReplyDelete