Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Humbled Father

This morning for my devotions I read Psalm 127:3 which says "Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward." This verse really, really jumped off the page at me. To think that my children are a heritage, a gift from the Lord. Wow! What a gift that I was blessed with! I am the blessed father of three wonderful children, Paul, Kaylie, and Megan.

To think that God before time, picked these kids to be mine, I am extremely humbled. I know that I don't deserve them, but grateful for the opportunity to be their dad and to try to raise them for the Lord.

I have a " special needs" daughter, and yet my other two are just as "special". My children  are truly a reward from the Lord that I often take for granted. Thank you Lord for seeing fit to place them into my life!


No comments:

Post a Comment